1 in 4 women in Northern Ireland will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime.
Diverse Talent has chosen Women’s Aid Belfast & Lisburn to be our Christmas Charity for 2021. Our aim is to raise much-needed funds to help this amazing organisation support women and children throughout some of the worst experiences of their lives.
Who are Women's Aid and what do they do?
The Women’s Aid movement in Northern Ireland is part of a worldwide movement that began in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s. Belfast was the first Women’s Aid group founded in 1975 and during 1977 Women’s Aid groups were set up in L’Derry and Coleraine. With Belfast Women’s Aid they formed the Northern Ireland Women’s Aid Federation in 1978.
Belfast and Lisburn Women’s Aid has provided safety and support for women and children whose lives have been affected by domestic abuse and violence for nearly forty years.
They offer emergency accommodation and support for women and children in three refuges in Belfast and Lisburn as well as Outreach support for women and children who are still living at home. Other services include support for children and young people, personal development training for women and awareness-raising for statutory and voluntary agencies.
Some things that our donation can help with:
£10 could buy a new toy or book for a child in need, or essential toiletries for a woman and her children.
£20 could buy a woman or child a brand new set of Christmas pyjamas.
£50 could help a family put Christmas dinner on the table, or buy a woman or child a warm winter coat.
£100 could help a woman and her children buy emergency clothing if they have to flee home this Christmas with very little or nothing.
Our method of fundraising is to donate £1 for every follower we have on our business LinkedIn page:
We will be fundraising from Friday 11th December 2021 until Friday 17th December 2021.
We will then via a BACS payment donate the sum of money equal to the number of followers we receive on our LinkedIn page.
Find out more and how you can help:
Website - https://belfastwomensaid.org.uk/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/WomensaidBelLis
Facebook - www.facebook.com/belfastwomensaid
Terms & Conditions
The charity fundraiser is: Diverse Talent Careers Ltd (company no. NI672794)] whose registered office is at 55-59 Adelaide St, Belfast BT2 8FE.
The charity chosen to receive funds is Belfast & Lisburn Women's Aid, whose registered office is 30 Adelaide Park, Belfast, BT9 6FY.
The structure of raising funds is to be conducted using the Diverse Talent Careers social media page – LinkedIn, Diverse Talent Careers will donate £1 for every follower they receive on their LinkedIn business page.
1. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary needed in this charity fundraiser.
2. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
3. Closing date for follower donations will close on Friday 17th December 2021 at 16:00
4. Diverse Talent Careers LTD reserves the right to amend and cap the maximum amount of the charity donation to the sum of £1000.
5. The donation will be made via BACS payments to the Belfast & Lisburn Women's Aid directly.
6. On the final day, follower numbers will be counted and a screenshot will be posted on LinkedIn and sent to Belfast & Lisburn Women's Aid
7. No other alternatives will be offered apart from a cash donation.
8. Everyone is welcome to donate directly to Women’s Aid using this link - https://belfastwomensaid.org.uk/donate-now/
9. This charity fundraiser is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Diverse Talent Careers LTD and not to any other party.